Tuesday 11 June 2013

How-To Costumes: Poison Ivy, Batman (Uma Thurman)

I know all the How-To Costumes I've posted are from Batman, but that's simply because I love Batman movies, and especially the old ones! :D



As always when you want to do a specific look -or in this case a costume- you have to figure out what parts you will need, and if you can actully get/make them!
With this costume, most of the pieces had to be made in Star Design, not because Stardoll doesn't have the right items, they're just seriously hard to get - And who doesn't love to look at home-made costumes with a lot of hard work and love put in to them? ;)

Here's a picture out the outfit and the pieces used. 

I will be talking about what pieces could be used instead (Because some are hard to find) after the picture.


The Star Design items

The Star Design items are pretty simple to make: 
The trousers are the darkest green available.
The boots are the same but with a black layer over the green.
and the TWO shirts (top and cardigan) are the darkest green, with a flow into a lighter green.
What shades of green you want is offcourse up to you :)

Non-Star Design items

This is where it gets a bit harder because:
The wig is from the Bazar - And hard to find.
The belt is from the bazar - And hard to find.
The mask is from the bazar - And hard to find.
The gloves are from the bazar - Though not too hard to find.

 Alternatives to items

Belts:



Gloves:



Hair:

The best way to get a good hair-colour, is to buy a red-hairdye!
Depending on what mood you want your Poison Ivy to be showing, you can choose different styles.

Free Hairstyles:

Hair from the Plaza:

Eye-decoration:
When I dressed up as Poison Ivy, I had some custom eye-decorations made by a friend :)
They are pretty simple to make (But I'm not good at making jewlery)

If you don't feel like making these, you can always use a good bunch of green make-up to get a very similair look :)


Lastly, a picture of the actual Poison Ivy costume which Stardoll released in 08/09

Hope you all enjoyed my post! Because it took hours to put together xD

- Ladydiver

4 comments:

  1. I was seeking a "How to" for a Poison Ivy Costume, and found yours to be the most comprehensive, and the best 'read'.
    So, from the eastern side of Australia, I say a big THANKYOU for writing this blog, and I really appreciate everything you put into this particular post.

    Best wishes,
    new aussie fan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome and I'm glad you like it :)
      - Ladydiver

      Delete
  2. I completely agree with anonymous! I have been searching and searching for several ideas and yours is the best hands down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are there links for where to get the items?

    ReplyDelete