Friday 21 June 2013

How-To Costumes: Kobra Kid (Mikey Way - MCR)

If you don't know My Chemical Romance (MCR) or just don't listen to them? Then there's a song, in the bottom of the post, by them, from their last actual album titled "Danger Days, The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys"

Seriously long title for an album xD

Aaaaanyway, I've decided to make a little How-To Costume post about one of their fictional characters Kobra Kid. He's played by Mikey Way (bass-player) in their music-videos.

As always when you wanna do a costume on Stardoll, before you go ahead and buy stuff, you have to check if every part of the costume is available. 2 pieces of this costume were made in Stardesign, one by me and the other by another user, but I'll be telling more about that later on.

Here's a picture of the outfit, the pieces used and the actual Kobra Kid.
I will be telling about what pieces can be used, instead of the ones I used, later on in the post.


The Star-Design items
The jacket -Which is the most important item of them all- was made by chocolate_12345 and as far as I know, she's still making Jackets :) Otherwise just take a good look at it and try to mimik the placing of the different pieces on it.

The top was made by me and here are some pictures of the pattern I used.

The Pattern

How to place the shirt

Non-Star Design items
The pants - From Evil Panda in the Bazar
The Boots - From Archive in the Bazar
The Bag - From Windows of the World still in the plaza
The Belt - A former Freebie
The Gloves - From Aprés Ski still in the plaza
The Sunglasses - From Mr. Garcon still in the plaza

Alternatives to items:

The pants:

The boots:

The belt:


Save Yourself I'll Hold Them Back by My Chemical Romance

Well if anyone actully read all this, or just looked at the pictures, I hope you liked it :)

I'd love to get some comments on my How-To Costumes, to know if I'm doing it right..
Actully I'd like to know if I'm doing any of my posts right..

- Ladydiver

No comments:

Post a Comment