Tuesday 10 June 2014

How-To Costume: Power Puff Girls

So, I got this brilliant idea, whilst reading about some boring biochemistry stuff for my exam, that I should do the Power Puff Girls! And I thought it would be a piece og cake, since they're so simple.
I mean, look at them; one-coloured simple dresses, a black belt, white stocking and black shoes, how hard can could it be?


I was wrong, it took me hours and I'm still not quite happy with any of the outcomes for Buttercup (green) and Blossoms (pink) aren't quite perfect either.

Anyway, I started as I always do, when I make my How-To Costumes, with looking in my own closet and here are the stylings I was able to make, including hair and make-up.
Most items om these pictures, are no longer available in StarPlaza.

Blossom

Bubbles

Buttercup

So I quess, when you put them beside each other, it's (sorta) easy to see who they are :)

After these, I went to the StarPlaza, hoping to find items which would work much better. I somewhat succeded with them all, though there's always something off with them. But I did my best, so I hope you'll like these alternatives :)
All the items in these pictures are currently in the StarPlaza


Blossom 

Bubbles

Buttercup

Offcourse all items can be mixed and matched, if you for example prefer one belt over the other, or think some shoes are just prettiest :)

Anyway, hope you likes this sorta-failed How-To Costume xD
I promise it'll be better next time, I juat had to publish this no matter what, because the Power Puff Girls are a big part of my childhood and it was fun re-creating them ^^

- Ladydiver




No comments:

Post a Comment