Monday 13 January 2014

How-To Costumes: Sherlock Holmes, Sherlock (Benedict Cumberbatch)

If you guessed Sherlock Holmes of the British TV-series Sherlock, you were right!

Click "read more" to see how to make the costume! :D

It's become a bit of a weakness of mine, watching that show :)
Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock Holmes, Sherlock. Smaug and the Necromancer, the Hobbit) is a brilliant actor and alongside Martin Freeman (John Watson, Sherlock. Bilbo, the Hobbit) they take you on scary-as-hell adventures through the city of London. With a lot of "obvious" (well they're obvious to sherlock!) clues they solve the classic mysteries of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle in a new and modernised fashion.

Ok now to the important part! The costume!

I wish I had a longer coat, but I don't, so this is my very best costume, being Sherlock :)

The Star Design Items
The scarf:
 is the darkest blue possible, with TWO seethrough layers. The first layer is black, to make the scarf even darker. The second is medium grey to give it a grey'er tone. I decided not to make my scarf too grey-toned, because I like it with a bit more colour :)
The Coat
DO NOT look at the jacket on the doll, Stardoll made a glitch when I saved it. Look at the one with the sign instead. It is made entirely black and then with the rough fabric.

The other items
The gloves: Are still available in Starplaza, Rio.
The Boots: Are still available in Starplaza, Decades.
The Blazer: Is available at the bazar, though hard to find.
The Shirt: Is not available. See alternatives below.
The Skirt: (Used as backside of jacket) Is available in the bazar, though hard to find.
The Trousers: Are not available. See alternatives below.

Alternatives to items:
Blazer:
Remember: It is placed under the jacket, so only the middle will be visible.

Shirt:

Skirt/back of jacket:

Trousers:

Face: Mouth - Eyebrows - Eyes - Cheekbones
Benedict Cumberbatch has a rather distinctive face and some of his features can be somewhat mimiced on Stardoll.
The mouth I found most similair is on page 4, top right corner.
The eyebrows are from page 1, 2nd line, 2nd pair.
My regulair eyes seemed to work quite well, they are one page 8, bottom right corner.
An addition could be highlighting the cheekbones some more with some Stardesign Hair.

Hair:
The hair I used is on page 2, line 2 hair number 4. It is the only free, short curls I thought would fit.

An alternative if it's too curly for you ;)

Last but not least: The Violin
If you've watched Sherlock, you know the violin is an important piece :)
Stardoll currently has 2 violins available.


SO I hope you enjoyd this How-To-Costume!
It took some time to fit it all together, since it's all black and Stardoll lacks some good jackets!
But I'm a big fan of Sherlock, so it was, for me, all worth it :)

- Ladydiver

P. S. Don't forget to enther the current competition! "Guess a number" press the "competition" tab.

No comments:

Post a Comment